The Most Common Insurance Claims in Kentucky
Sometimes damage to your car is unavoidable.
Unfortunately, filing an auto insurance claim can quickly raise the price of your insurance premium. No one wants to pay more money, so how can you avoid damaging your car? Here are some of the most common car insurance claims in Kentucky and a few ways to avoid them:
- Accidents – From fender benders to major wrecks, car accidents are one of the leading reasons people make an auto insurance claim. Your auto insurance coverage can help you repair or replace your car, and can also help cover medical costs for you and your passengers. Being a safe driver and remaining aware of your surroundings is the best way to avoid an accident.
- Weather – Hail, falling branches, and other weather related damage can happen in Kentucky. These falling objects can break glass and damage car bodies. Comprehensive insurance typically covers this repair expense.
- Animal Collisions – An accidental collision with a deer or other animal can cause a lot of damage to your vehicle. Vehicle damage is a common claim, especially in the more suburban and rural areas of Kentucky. Reducing your speed in areas with a lot of wildlife while always being aware of your surroundings can help you avoid an accident of this nature.
- Windshield Damage – A small object like a piece of gravel can cause a knick, crack, or break to your windshield while driving down a highway. The price of replacing or repairing a windshield can be high, so many people will use comprehensive coverage to pay for these damages.
- Theft – Unfortunately, cars are often stolen. Comprehensive insurance coverage can help you if this happens. This insurance varies in price depending upon many factors such as where you live, garage accessibility, anti-theft devices, alarm systems, GPS tracking systems, and more.
Remember to keep an eye out and keep yourself protected!
No one wants to have to deal with issues like these, but when they do arise it is best to be prepared. Higgins Insurance in Hopkinsville, KY and Clarksville, TN can help you get the best car insurance for your needs. If you need advice or more insurance information, contact one of our helpful agents today!